Friday, May 17, 2013

Let's talk tablets (and e-readers)

We live in a very electronic age, smartphones and tablets are a part of daily life. My husband and I remember when we were in high school and we actually hung out with our friends; our teenager sits around and texts his friends and talks to them on facebook. And people wonder what is wrong with the world, we've all become way too dependent on technology and not enough on one another!

With that said, I'd like to talk to you about some of our favorite electronic vices. And I'd love to hear your opinions as well!

Kindle
This was our first purchase, I bought it for my husband before his last deployment. Much easier than lugging dozens of books around! We just have a basic model and we both enjoy reading on it, as does our oldest. I much prefer the anti-glare and "book-like" look of the original kindle, it is easy on the eyes. Some people cannot get used to an e-reader and much prefer to have that crisp book in their hands. As for myself I think I prefer an e-reader; it is less bulky and so easy to bookmark your spot. There are also SO many free kindle books available on amazon! This however, does not stop us from having an abundance of books in house however. Mostly children's books but my husband and I have a good collection as well. I do love the look of a bundle of books on the shelf! I have not tried a kindle fire or any of the other models, I had considered getting myself a kindle fire until my husband said I could get myself an ipad as a present. Bingo!


ipad
I absolutely love the apps in the app store so I was ecstatic to get my hands on one! We all use it as well, my husband uses it for web browsing as do I when I do not feel like sitting at the computer. I also use it for homeschool as there are endless educational apps out there. And I also have the kindle app installed on it, as well as a couple of children's book apps for my boys. I absolutely love FarFaria, it is a monthly subscription children's book app and there are SO many stories available. Your child can read the stories himself or have them read to him; which is what my youngest does while I am doing lessons with Gavin. I highly recommend getting your hands on an ipad, you can do so much on it (you can even blog from it, there is a blogger app!) ;)


I would love to hear about your favorite tablet/e-reader and some of your favorite apps!

No comments:

Post a Comment