Sunday, May 12, 2013

Team Hope

My husband ran his first race yesterday, he ran a 5k and placed 9th with a time of 22:16. He has a half marathon coming up in August and in his training and preparation for this he is raising money for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. Pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer death allowing a 5 year survival rate of only 6%. My mother-in-law passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2011 only 3 months after being diagnosed, he is doing this for her. Please help us raise awareness by checking out their website and learning ways you can help. In addition, if you would like to help my husband reach his fundraising goal please leave your email address in the comments and I will send you his fundraising page. You can alternatively donate on their website, but I would love to help my husband reach his goal; right now he is at 35% and has 233 days left to reach his goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment