Wednesday, May 8, 2013

School's Out!

Today was our last day of 1st grade! Over the next few weeks Gavin will be doing some test-prep for his C.A.T but that is all that is left, I cannot believe how fast this school year has gone by! I am so incredibly proud of both of us, it has gone super well! We had our lazy days and we made them up, we had a few distractions but worked through them, and now we get to look forward to all kinds of summer fun! I will be doing a summer bridge book with Gavin but nothing heavy, I just think his personality needs a little something to keep him on track and prepared for next fall. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity and right to homeschool my children; even though we have our days where they are completely wild and making Mommy a little crazy; I would not trade this for anything! I am shaping them, I am teaching them, and I am preparing them for the world! And after two years so far, I am pretty proud of what I have accomplished with him and so super proud of what he has accomplished. And even though my youngest is not quite of school age yet (he'll begin official preschool in the fall) he has learned so much as well; having a big brother with an extensive vocabulary has definitely been beneficial for him! So now I'd just like to thank my wonderful husband for being on board with this and supporting it and I'd like to thank God for giving me the gifts I need to perform this task. If you have ever considered homeschooling; I encourage you to at least give it a shot, you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment